Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New ironing board cover!

Yesterday, I came across this tutorial for an ironing board cover.  I really don't like the cover that came with my ironing board because it doesn't stay on snugly and comes loose when I try to move large pieces of fabric or quilts around on it.  I also don't like the "padding" underneath the cover, which isn't nearly thick enough.  I realized all I needed was some elastic and I could have a new cover in a few hours.  So, a quick trip to the big chain fabric store and I was ready!

Before.  "Blah" is a good description! 

There is nothing worse than this type of cover.  Who invented these ridiculous string ties anyhow?  At this point, it is a countdown until it goes in the trash.

I traced my ironing board per the tutorial and cut the fabric.

Then it was time to attach the bias piping and elastic:

I still need to buy some new padding (perhaps quilt batting) before it's completely finished, but I already love it!


I just love projects that can be finished in a few hours!  

No comments:

Post a Comment